With the high stakes involved with any criminal charge, you need an experienced criminal trial attorney by your side. Attorney Shannon Drehner brings her years of experience as a chief felony prosecutor to defend you when you need it most. Don't wait, contact us today.
Houston Juvenile Defense Lawyer
Serving Families throughout Harris County, TX
Young people are susceptible to making mistakes, especially when influenced by peer pressure. Oftentimes what others may call youthful misconduct results in the minor being formally charged in a juvenile court. This could have a profound impact on their future, affecting acceptance at a university or in the military, creating problems for future employment or higher education, and more. It is a myth that all juvenile convictions are sealed and that authorities would be denied access to it in the future. When facing juvenile criminal matters, you need help from an experienced Houston juvenile defense attorney who can help you navigate the juvenile court system.
At Drehner Law, we have handled hundreds of juvenile crime cases for minors and their families throughout Harris County. Attorney Shannon Drehner brings an extensive and well-respected background as a former chief felony prosecutor to the table along with extensive trial experience. If you obtain legal representation from our firm, your child’s case will be in the hands of a proven criminal defense professional who thoroughly understands both the local juvenile and adult criminal justice systems.
The Juvenile Justice System in Texas
In Texas, a juvenile offender is a youth aged 10 through 16 who has committed some type of criminal misconduct. This can range from truancy to a serious felony.
Juvenile crimes can include (but are not limited to):
- Criminal mischief/vandalism
- Drug crimes
- Theft crimes
- Underage drinking
- Possession and use of a fake ID
- Sex crimes
- Violent crimes
In Texas, for juveniles accused of running away from home, school truancy, or a low-level misdemeanor, the case will be sent to the municipal court. In cases where the child is accused of a Class B or A misdemeanor or a felony, the case will be referred to the local juvenile probation agency. Juveniles can also be released to parents, school officials, or other adults without a formal legal processing.
In the juvenile probation department, options may include:
- A case dismissal
- Supervisory caution, which can include referral to a social services agency or first-offender program, informing parents of their child’s misconduct, or a warning
- Deferred prosecution, where the child is subject to specific terms of supervision agreed upon by the court, parents, prosecutor, and the child
- Adjudicated probation, which involves court-ordered supervision by a juvenile probation officer
Additionally, a juvenile may also be ordered to participate in family counseling, substance abuse programs, mentoring programs, and more.
Why Choose Drehner Law for Your Juvenile Defense Needs
When it comes to protecting your child's future, you need an experienced and dedicated juvenile defense attorney by your side. At Drehner Law, we specialize in handling juvenile crimes cases and have a proven track record of success in Houston, TX and throughout Harris County.
Here's why you should choose us:
- Extensive experience: Our team of skilled attorneys has years of experience specifically in juvenile defense. We understand the unique challenges and complexities of these cases and know how to navigate the juvenile justice system effectively.
- Personalized approach: We believe in providing personalized attention to every client. We will take the time to listen to your concerns, understand your child's situation, and develop a customized defense strategy tailored to their specific needs.
- Strong advocacy: As your child's legal advocate, we will fight tirelessly to protect their rights and ensure they receive fair treatment throughout the legal process. We will explore all possible defense strategies and work towards the best possible outcome for your child.
- Compassionate support: We understand that facing juvenile crime charges can be overwhelming for both you and your child. Our team is here to provide compassionate support and guidance every step of the way. We will keep you informed, answer your questions, and provide the reassurance you need during this difficult time.
- Proven results: Our satisfied clients speak for our success. We have a strong track record of achieving favorable outcomes for our clients in juvenile defense cases. You can trust that we will do everything in our power to protect your child's future.
Don't wait to secure the experienced representation your child deserves. Contact Drehner Law today to schedule a consultation and let us help you navigate the complexities of the juvenile justice system.
Juvenile Defense Attorney Houston
The juvenile justice system has been designed to rehabilitate youth in lieu of punishment. Our firm’s approach to dealing with juvenile offenders is to work closely with both the child and family members. Each individual case is different, which is why careful attention must be made to decide the best solution. Sometimes it is better to challenge the charge, while other times it is best to simply find the most favorable outcome for your child.
Our Houston juvenile defense attorney will evaluate all aspects of your child’s case to determine the best legal approach and take steps to help bring his/her case to a fair and just resolution. Our aim is to preserve your child’s future and get his/her life back on the right track.
Call us at (832) 558-7798 to discuss your child’s case or contact us online to request a consultation today.
- Harris County Government Website - official website for Harris County which provides information on government services, programs, and resources available to residents.
- Texas Juvenile Justice Department - official website for the Texas Juvenile Justice Department which provides information on the juvenile justice system in Texas, including resources for families and youth.
- State Bar of Texas - Find a Lawyer - a directory of licensed attorneys in Texas, including those who specialize in juvenile defense law in the Houston area.
Truly one of the hardest and most understanding lawyers that I have ever had.H. N.
She is very professional.A. Charco
My case dropped from a felony to a misdeamnor!M. Hicks